Thursday, June 12, 2008

Multi-Purpose Swiffer

Ok this is going to be one of those all over the place post. Last weekend we were spending time with another family. During our conversation some how it turned to the night I was going to kill the rattlesnake with a water hose.

We had just come home and it was almost dark. Suddenly the kids start screaming that the cat is about to get bit by a rattlesnake. I look to where they are pointing and see the cat swatting at a snake. How the kids knew it was a rattlesnake I don't know. They were standing on the deck further from the cat and snake than I was. I had to act fast. I grabbed the water hose turned it on and squirted the cat and snake. The cat went one way and the snake the other. I am standing there holding the water hose when DH comes out the door. The kids had ran in and told him I was killing a rattlesnake with a water hose. DH did look for the snake and found it. It was not a rattlesnake.

Later he asked me exactly what was I planning on doing with the water hose. He had never heard of a snake being sprayed to death. I told him I was trying to get the cat away from the snake. I knew cats did not like being sprayed with water so I was hoping the cat would run from the water. It worked. May not of been the best idea but it worked.

So now the other couple is laughing hysterically. She says I hope you are writing these things down. You are to funny. I laughed and said yes I should. I didn't dare tell her I share it all here for the world to read. What if she knew all the crazy things I do. She would probably find it funny. I am not ready to share the blog with everyone.

OK so what does this have to do with my multi-purpose swiffer?

The kids had went to get the eggs. My daughter comes running back in saying she thinks she heard a rattlesnake. I tell them to stay in the house and I will go check. So I start to go out the door and think I need something in case there is a snake. So I grab my handy dandy swiffer.

There was no snake. Sometimes some kind of bug sounds like a rattle. Must of been what it was.

I got the eggs, came in and put up my swiffer.
Fast forward to that night. We are talking to several parents at yet another kid activity. Something comes up about snakes. Quickly my dd tells them. "My mom was going to kill a rattlesnake with her swiffer." They start laughing. They all want to hear the story. One of the dads tells my son, next time your mom decides to look for a snake with the swiffer get the video camera.

OH my gosh what are they thinking. I can see my kids now following me around waiting for that funniest home video moment. Good thing none of them knew about the water hose and snake.


So that is when I decided the swiffer was multi-purpose. You can mop your floors and then use it to keep the snakes away. Had I seen a snake I would of been going the other way very quickly.

No comments: