Thursday, July 17, 2008

Where's The Beef?

Didn't Wendy’s have the commercial with the lady saying Where’s the beef?
Yesterday the kids and I stopped at Wendy’s for lunch. We ordered from the Value Menu. It’s not a dollar menu maybe it never was. We don’t eat at Wendy’s enough to know. Anyways when I sat down with my burger I needed to add pepper. This is when the fun started. I took off the top bun and said Where’s the beef? It was missing. Upon closer examination I realized it was there. It was a 2” square. It was maybe an 1/8 of an inch thick.

My first thought was I have to get a picture of this. I was about to run to the car for my camera and remembered I had left it at home. Why was my camera at home? I needed a picture of this.

The 1.00 menu has items for 1.19 and 1.29, which would be why it’s the value menu instead of the dollar menu. I wanted to go order more items to see how they had shrunk. I had heard prices were going up or the size was shrinking but this was ridiculous.

I am planning a trip to Wendy’s real soon. I am going to order different things from the menu and take pictures. Maybe I will go to McDonald's and take pictures there to. Who all has dollar menus or Value Menus?

Yes it is a hot boring summer. I need something to do. My son wants me to mention the bread was very dry and tasted a year old. Both kids said, “We really need to start packing food again so we don’t have to eat out when we are away from home”. So maybe it was good thing.

No comments: