Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Swiffer again.........

I should do an infomercial for Swiffer. This would air on the rural living channel. Really there is a channel on TV that is for people living in Rural America. I am not sure what it is called but scan your channels and you will find it.

We have found yet another use for our handy dandy Swiffer.

Getting praying mantises off the ceiling. Now you might be wondering why a Praying Mantis was on my ceiling. It all started when I asked ds to let the dog out. He let the dog out and told dd you should see this. It was a spider web right by the door, under the porch light. Several bugs were caught in the web. Dd said she needed help. A praying mantis was stuck in the web. Ds got a drumstick the kind for playing drums not eating. He was able to get the praying mantis out of the web. He was trying to put the praying mantis on the porch when some how it ended up in the house.

After much screaming it was on the ceiling. I got a paper towel to try to catch it while standing on the arm of the couch. More screaming and it is now in the kitchen on the ceiling. Dd is screaming get it, if it touches the light it will die. I am running around trying to find things to stand on to catch it.

Then the Swiffer came to the rescue again. I grabbed it and held the end to the ceiling. Almost as if he knew our plan the praying mantis walked right to the Swiffer and climbed on. I walked to the front door stuck the swiffer outside and praying mantis flew away.

No comments: