Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The #1 reason you need a landline phone.

I had our home phone disconnected a few weeks ago. We never used it, so why not?

When I called to disconnect the lady told me all the reason we should keep it. I told her that's ok we will be fine. In fact it took my dh over a week to realize it had been disconnected. We use our cell phones all the time. He calls me when I am at home on my cell phone. Everyone does.

We have not missed the landline phone at all. That is until yesterday. I now know why you need your landline phone.

!!!!!! TO CALL YOUR CELL PHONE WHEN YOU CAN'T FIND IT !!!!

I was going into complete panic mode. We were leaving and I could not find my cell phone. I kept thinking what am I going to do. I thought about running to the neighbors and having her call it. Then I realized it would be a 3 mile run over there and back. Oh yeah I could drive over there and tell her wait 5 minutes and call. Then I thought she will think I am crazy. So forget that idea. I finally found it. I had put it in the box of girl scout badges I had been ironing on.

My kids have been wanting cell phones. Maybe I will get them one so when I lose mine I can use theirs to call mine.

If the lady at the phone company would of said "How are you going to call your cell phone when you can't find it?"

Those few simple words and we might still have our landline phone. Maybe I should call the phone company and tell them to put that at the top of their ten reasons you need a landline phone.

So before you disconnect your landline phone ask yourself " How will I call my cell phone when I can't find it?"

No comments: