Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Questions people ask.......

When my daughter was 2 she had beautiful curly light blond hair. She was called Shirley Temple so many times she started answering to Shirley.

I was asked weekly if I dyed her hair? Excuse me she is 2. Oh does she have a perm? Excuse me she is 2. Oh did you curl it? Excuse me she is 2.

Sometimes I would say yes she gets a perm every two months and we bleach it every week. Really what were these people thinking.

Fast forward a couple of years and her hair is dark blond and straight.
So we no longer get the questions from before. It has been nice and I had almost forgotten about all the silly questions. That is until tonight. I was at the store buying bottled water. I know not good for the environment. Our city water failed a test and is not safe for drinking. So we are drinking bottled water.

Anyways the lady was commenting on how much water I was buying and wanting to know if that was just for our family. Yes we drink water. We don't drink sodas. We drink water.

Then came the question. DO YOU DO HER EYEBROWS. I said excuse me? She said it again. Do you do her eyebrows? Before I could stop myself I said Are you kidding me? She said they are so pretty. I said well that's just the way they are. I should of had some really good answer but I was never expecting this one.

Who would pluck or wax their child's eyebrows. Really we all know how that worked out for me. Why would I do that to my child.

So next time you are tempted to ask a mom a question about their child's appearance DON'T unless you want them to go home and blog about it.

No comments: