Monday, March 23, 2009

An emergency broadcast.....

There was a threat of bad weather tonight. We had the high winds and were praying for rain. My son and I were driving home from the grocery store, it was already dark outside. We were listening to the radio. I was scanning channels. I do not have my radio set to channels. Depending on where I am there are different stations. So I always push the scan button. I hear the beep, beep, beeeeeeeep of an emergency warning. I stop the radio. I am not sure where the station is but think maybe they are already having bad weather some where near us. My son and I sit in silence waiting for the announcement. It seems to take forever.... in the back of my mind I am praying the bad weather is no where near us. I am sure it isn't but I just don't know. Finally the report comes on. Just as suddenly the car is filled with laughter. The emergency report is in Spanish. I am laughing and tell my son, I sure hope they aren't telling us to take cover. I switch stations and no one else has a warning, so it must of been a test, a test in Spanish.

No comments: