Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I was hit by a ........

One day my husband, the kids and I are driving down the highway. When the back door of a trailer full of cows comes open. The truck stops. Some of the cows walk out of the trailer onto the highway. So of course we stop to help. Another truck does to. We herd the cows into a gate area. Back the trailer into the area, I park my truck across the other opening. Now no cows can get back out on the highway.

One of the men opens the door and ALL the cows come out. All the men are trying to herd the cows back into the trailer. One asked me to hold the door open. I can not see over the men. All the cows are going in the trailer.
Suddenly it was the parting of the men. Next thing I know I am face to face with a cow. I jump to get out of the way. The cow catches my arm and throws me. My flip flops stayed where I WAS standing, I land in a ditch. I look up and the cow is trying to get between my truck and a metal pole. The cow is rocking my truck. Suddenly the cow backs out of the space and gets in the trailer. I guess it gave up on it's quest for freedom.

I get in the truck and my kids are crying. I tell them it's ok everyone is ok. I am muddy and stinking now. My arm really does hurt. My sweet loving son says it not ok. You are all dirty now and we can't go get pancakes.

Pancakes !!! I was just hit by a cow !!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my cow, Robyn,(no pun intended, but isn't it cute) you are hilarious! How does this stuff happen to you and why didn't you tell me about this sooner. And where were you going for pancakes?