Tuesday, February 5, 2008

They will think I am a waitress....in a

A few weeks ago a friend and I were going to lunch. She mentioned she was going to have to pay with her debit card. She said I only have ones. I have $50.00 all in ones. I started laughing and was thinking they will think you are a waitress. About that time she said they will think I am a waitress. I really started laughing then and at the same time we looked at each other and said in a topless bar.

Ok why would a 30 something mom say such a thing? I don't know. Why would two 30 something moms say such a thing : )

I told her really you should pay with all ones. It will be funny. She wasn't up for an adventure and paid with her debit card.

So a few days later I am going through a drive through and look in my wallet and I have a huge stack of ones. I think I should pay with the ones. Of course when I get to the window I hand the lady a ten and shove the ones she gives me back into my purse.

Now I know why I always have so many ones. Ones have become the pennies of our grandparents. It is so much easier to hand someone a ten or twenty. Our ones are saved for a rainy day. Or a day you want someone to think you are a waitress.... maybe a waitress in a topless bar.

So I have decided to save my ones. I think one day when I have a cranky wal-mart cashier I will pay with all ones. I can see her face now as I count out 100 ones. I of course will make sure there is no one in line behind me. Unless of course I want the person behind me in line to think I am a waitress ...... in a ......

No comments: