Monday, August 18, 2008

Cup of ice........

We were at an outdoor event and I had a cup of ice. I asked dh told hold my cup. When I came back it was sitting on the ground. Gee thanks. I start to eat the ice and notice something is in there. Brilliant idea time. Some of the ice has melted I will just dump the water out and the something will come out. I am holding the top of the ice so it doesn’t all fall out. I am even standing over a trashcan so the water doesn’t splash dirt on me when it hits the ground. I have thought of everything. At least I think I have. I start to pour and suddenly realize what I didn’t think about. I have the camera around my neck and I am not holding the cup far enough away to miss the camera. I jump back extending my arms further away hoping to miss the camera. I look up and a young man is sitting in a chair in front of me. He is trying his best not to laugh. He is falling further down in his chair and trying to cover his face with his cup. He sees me watching him, oh no. I look at him and say LAUGH it was funny. I was laughing. He sits up in his chair, uncovers his face and is laughing. He is still laughing and says it’s ok it happens to all of us. Such a sweet young man, little does he know it happens to me daily. In case you are wondering I did miss the camera with the water. If it didn’t have that long zoom lenses this would of never happened.

No comments: