Saturday, August 30, 2008

You say it's your birthday......

It was my birthday and I was trying to come up with a symbolic post for the day. I failed. Every time I thought of something I could not expand on it.

The kids and I were in the car driving. I can’t begin to tell you how many miles my kids have ridden in a car, truck or SUV. But my youngest has easily logged 200,000 miles. They are great in the car. The entertainment has changed over the years. They look out the window, listen, watch and play Audio Cd’s, DVDs, game systems, checkers, cards, read books and just talk When you spend as much time in the car as us you get creative.

Today ds was reading a book and dd was listening to an audio book. I can’t read in the car it makes me carsick.

I will get to the point. I know I ramble when I type just like when I talk.

We were driving down the highway and suddenly for a brief second these little drops of water fell on my windshield. I thought did someone turn on a sprinkler. Oops, I had actually said it out loud. Both kids look at the windshield and asked what happened. I said I don’t know. We were driving down the highway in rural America we were not in the suburbs. No sprinkler systems out here. I spent too many years driving around neighborhoods with the sprinklers watering the street. Both kids said what do you think that was?

DD said I think it’s sprinkling. DS I don’t know, I don’t see any clouds.

I said I think a few little drops of rain fell from the sky. Both kids said maybe so.

I think it has been so long since we have seen rain none of us could really imagine it might be rain.

It was then and there on this highway in the middle of nowhere I had my birthday post. Nothing earth shattering, no great words of wisdom, just the kids and I trying to figure out what these drops of water were on my windshield. This is my life and I love it, even if it’s not always pee in your pants funny.

Now I am another year closer to 40. I am wondering when I turn 40 do I change the name of the blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh every time; and happy birthday again, even if it is September 13th now:-)