Thursday, February 5, 2009

Friends.....

I have this friend…..

I have this friend and we always laugh and have fun when we are together. She is my best friend. At least I hope she is after she reads this. It seems not only do we laugh together we get sick together.

A few years ago we went to a bookstore together. It should have taken us an hour to get there, but it took us three hours. We ate lunch before we left at a taco place. That was our huge mistake of the day.

We were driving, talking, laughing and just enjoying the day. Probably why it took us three hours to get there. We had to miss a turn somewhere. We were having a great time. We finally get to the bookstore. We are so excited to check out all the books. We had heard great things about this store. Well we are looking around and suddenly I ask her do you feel ok? Her answer is no. I am feeling worse by the second. We leave and start home.

We are so sick. We keep laughing because we can’t believe how bad we feel. The laughing is making it worse. Why can’t we stop laughing? I am going to be sick. My stomach is killing me. I just want to get home and go to bed. It is becoming obvious we have food poisoning. I did try to convince her it was her driving that was making us sick.

We make it home in less than an hour. We both are dying by this time. I still have to get in my car and drive home. Luckily home was only15 minutes away.

A few days later we are talking to friends and mention we went to the bookstore. They all say oh why didn’t you invite us? We would of loved to gone. We both say oh just be glad you didn’t. It was horrible. Of course now this store has a location 10 minutes from my friends house. So every one goes and no one gets food poisoning along the way.

Now we have yet another story of being sick together. We went to this place to go swimming. It was a blast all the kids had a great time. It was so much fun we made plans to go back next month and invite ALL of our friends. We couldn’t wait to go back.

Two days later we hear on the news any one who went swimming there and starts to feel ill should contact the health department immediately. Excuse me? We could have what? Are you kidding? Ok so the news doesn’t joke and no they didn’t answer my questions. Maybe I should of called and asked them. So the last week we have stayed close to home waiting to get sick. Every now and then my stomach hurts and I think oh no this is it. I am getting sick. A little bit later I forget it was hurting and I am fine. We call and text each other, the question is always the same. How do you feel? The kids are avoiding me. They are tired of me asking them if they feel ok. So for a few more days we will wait to be sick. I don’t think ever in my life I have waited to be sick. A friend invited us to go to an amusement park with her family tomorrow. I told her we can’t we might be sick. Maybe I should have explained why we might be sick. I wonder if she will ever invite us somewhere again. I don’t think we will go back next month. I don’t think I will ever swim in a public pool again. We have a little above ground pool. I think we need to upgrade to a huge in ground pool with water slides. Then we can just swim at home. That’s all for now I need to get back to waiting to be sick.

No comments: